This is a two-year full-time programme for candidates with a Diploma in Quantity Surveying, and three years for those with STPM/Matriculation qualification.
A three and a half years part-time programme for candidates with a Diploma in Quantity Surveying or equivalent with relevant experience is also available.
The Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Hons) is jointly accredited by the Board of Quantity Surveyors, Malaysia and the Institute of Surveyors, Malaysia. The Bachelor of Quantity Surveying is also recognized by the Public Services Department (PSD). It is also recognised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) UK.
- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates from this programme rank amongst the highest in term of employability within the Malaysian construction industry. They have excellent and wide-ranging employment opportunities with both public and private sector organizations in the construction industry. The private sector range from consulting, contracting to property/infrastructure development organizations, whilst the public sectors include Jabatan Kerja Raya (JKR), State Economic Development Corporations (SEDC), Local Authorities and government development agencies. The nature of work performed by the graduates within these organizations varies and may range from feasibility studies, cost planning, tender and contract management, construction economics and project management.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Diploma of Quantity Surveying. (AP 114)
• SPM or equivalent (5 years)
• General university requirements:
# Pass SPM or equivalent with minimum five credits including Bahasa Malaysia
- Pass SPM or equivalent with minimum five (5) credits which include Bahasa Malaysia and at least one from each of the following subject groups:
# Mathematics/Additional Mathematics
# Science/Additional Science Physics/Chemistry/Biology
Pass in English Language
- Obtained the Pre-Science programme (PD007/PD008) certificate from UiTM with minimum 2.50 CGPA
- Obtained Certificate in Quantity Surveying from government approved polytechnics with minimum 2.75 CGPA with credit in Bahasa Malaysia and pass in English Language at SPM or Equivalent.
Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Hons) (AP224)
STPM or equivalent (3 years)
• General university requirements:
• Pass SPM or equivalent
• Credit in Bahasa Malaysia at SPM or equivalent
• Pass in single sitting STPM with a minimum grade C/2.00 GPA in General Paper
• Sat for Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
- Pass STPM or government approved equivalent with the following results:
Pass any two (2) of the following subjects with CGPA of 2.67 in:
Pass SPM or equivalent with credit in mathematics and pass in English language
- Pass the matriculation programme of the Ministry of Education or equivalent with minimum 2.70 CGPA
- Diploma from UiTM or other approved universities with minimum CGPA of 2.70.
# 2 years full-time
# 3½ years part-time
General university requirement
1. Pass SPM or equivalent
2. Credit in Bahasa Malaysia at SPM or equivalent
3. Sat for Malaysian University English Test (MUET) (at least Band 1)
Diploma in Quantity Surveying from UiTM with minimum 2.70 CGPA (for direct entry full time programme only)
Diploma in Quantity Surveying from other approved institutions with minimum CGPA of 3.00 with one year relevant work experience in the construction industry
Diploma in Quantity Surveying from UiTM or other approved institutions with minimum CGPA of 2.00 with two (2) years relevant work experience in the construction industry
Diploma in Building, Building Surveying and Civil Engineering from UiTM or other approved institutions with minimum CGPA of 2.50 with four years relevant work experience in the construction industry